Little Wishes, a 2019 Giving Marin grant recipient, continues to expand its program to children’s hospitals across the country. The nonprofit grants wishes to children who endure frequent hospitalizations or have been in the hospital for weeks, months or years. Since receiving their grant, the group has granted another 6,000 wishes, bringing the total wishes granted to hospital-bound kids to just over 23,000.
Most recently, Little Wishes hosted an opening party at MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center in Des Moines, Iowa and celebrated with patients and staff. Little Wishes has programs in the following children’s hospitals:
- Arkansas Children’s Hospital (Little Rock)
- Kapiolani Medical Center (Honolulu)
- Miller Children’s (Los Angeles)
- Logan Health (Kalispell, Montana)
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital TCU/PICU (San Francisco)
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital-Oakland (Oakland)
- Maimonides Children’s Hospital (Brooklyn)
- Maynard Children’s (Greenville, North Carolina)
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital (Phoenix)
- TriStar Centennial Children’s Hospital (Nashville)
- Children’s Minnesota Hospital (Minneapolis)
- MercyOne Children’s Hospital (Des Moines, Iowa)
“Since receiving our generous grant from Giving Marin, Little Wishes has been growing. In fact, we never stopped. During COVID, we granted over 4,000 wishes, and we expanded our program to 11 new children’s hospitals across the country,” said Laura Euphrat, president and co-founder of Little Wishes. “We’ve been able to bring so much happiness to hundreds of seriously ill children who are isolated in the hospital, replacing anxiety and fear with hope and joy. Next stop? Chicago!”
For more information, visit littlewishes.org.