Soroptimist International of Novato held its 41st annual Women of Vision fundraiser on April 22 at the Jonas Center at the College of Marin Indian Valley campus. The event honored six women who were recognized for their leadership and contributions to the Marin community. This year’s recipients are:
- Dr. Bobbie Head, Marin Cancer Center
- Paula Kamena, former Marin County district attorney
- Jan La Torre-Derby, former superintendent, Novato Unified School District
- Dr. Lois Merriweather Moore, adjunct professor, University of San Francisco
- Nancy Weber, Soroptimist International of Novato, community humanitarian
- Cecilia Zamora, executive director of the Latino Council, San Rafael
The event included a luncheon, silent auction and fashion show. Event emcee Kathleen Woodcock, chief development officer at St. Vincent de Paul Society of Marin County, led a fund-a-need auction which netted over $14,000 for Soroptimist International of Novato’s award programs. All proceeds from the event will fund projects benefiting women and girls who strive to improve their economic status through education and training.
To learn more about Soroptimist International of Novato, visit soropnovato.org.